Part- Time Instructor, Medical Administrative
Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a Part-Time Instructor, Medical Administrative to join the Office of Professional and
Continuing Education team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of quality educational programs to students in our Youth Build Program, helping these students develop the technical and soft skills they need in order to secure an entry-level job in their new career.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Classroom instruction/teaching experience
- Medical Administration Assistant (CMAA), Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS), and/or Microsoft Office
Specialist (MOS) certifications
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
- Five or more years of medical front office administrative experience
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute
- Experience working with at-risk, youth populations
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to Florida retirement membership *see details
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Kissimmee, FL 34744 - Osceola Campus (Center for Accelerated Training)
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: CE Business Open Enrollment
Work Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 am – 12 pm. This course will run from August 5th – October 10th, 2019
Salary: $30 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 at 7:00 pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.