Executive Assistant to the CEO
Provide professional, timely and efficient executive administrative support to CEO and Board of Directors to achieve the goals and objectives set forth by the Coalition. Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external team members, partners, community leaders and board members on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer. Attend all Board and Committee/Task Force meetings compiling meeting materials, meeting preparation, and recording minutes. Supervise two Administrative Assistant/Receptionists. Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.Essential Job Functions
Provide professional, timely and efficient executive administrative support to CEO and Board of Directors to achieve the goals and objectives set forth by the Coalition. Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external team members, partners, community leaders and board members on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer. Attend all Board and Committee/Task Force meetings compiling meeting materials, meeting preparation, and recording minutes. Supervise two Administrative Assistant/Receptionists. Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Board Support
- Serves as Coalition’s liaison for Board of Directors.
- Schedules Board of Directors, Committees, and ad hoc meetings.
- Coordinates, prepares, and distributes meeting packets prior to board and committee/task force meetings. Attends, prepares, and maintains Board and Committee/Task Force meeting minutes and attendance records.
- Sets up venues (onsite, offsite, or remote) and follows up on RSVPs with Board and Community members to ensure attendance and quorum.
- Digitally maintains final Board, Committee and Task Force final meeting packets and minutes.
- Manages Coalition Board member appointment process, provider representative elections, and maintains associated records of Board member involvement.
- Prepares new Board member orientation materials.
- Develops and maintains the Board of Directors roster.
- Maintains all records in accordance with Florida’s Open Records Law.
- CEO Support
- Provide administrative support to the CEO in a professional manner maintaining organizational confidentiality.
- Address initial internal and external inquiries or requests for action exercising good judgment during the CEO’s absence, consulting with others as appropriate.
- Maintains CEO’s meeting calendar. Coordinate and monitor the schedule of the CEO, setting appointments and briefing the CEO each day.
- Maintains up to date listings of county stakeholders and legislative leaders. Conducts research, which may include legislative information by phone or using the internet, as needed.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for CEO including purchasing airline tickets, hotel reservations; create and maintain the schedule for all trips including meetings, logistics and events.
- Serve as a liaison with the Finance Department to ensure timely preparation of expense reports, credit card logs, and other related invoices.
- Assist in compiling documents such as correspondence, forms, operational manual, reports, etc.
- Compose, prepare, and proofread correspondence and other communications for the CEO. Drafts, prepares, and proofreads general correspondence, memos, and charts.
- Research and analyses data and develops reports for management decision making.
- Assist in the coordination and follow-up of special projects.
- Sorts all mail correspondence and reading materials in order of priority for the CEO.
- Prioritizes the signing of documents and checks.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and familiarity with Florida School Readiness Act (FS 411.01), the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program (HB 1A) and other relevant federal, state, and local statues, regulations and policies including their requirements and effect on local communities.
- Oversees the initial “public face” for visitors and incoming correspondence.
- Handles CEO’s messages (as assigned) to support effective and efficient communication with internal and external customers.
- Assists CEO in addressing customers’/clients’ concerns.
- Supervises agency’s two Administrative Assistants / Receptionists.
- Cooperates and works collaboratively with all departments and all levels of internal management and staff, providing emergency support as needed using exceptional interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Maintains ELCOC SR & VPK Plan
- Maintains Central Florida Foundation Profile
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow-up on own and CEO delegated assignments with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, equipment, and systems such as copier, fax, word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures as assigned.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of a personal computer, computer software applications (Microsoft Office Suite), and database (Salesforce). Ability to navigate and conduct research via the Internet.
- Knowledge of website construction and SharePoint functionality.
- Knowledge of English business language with ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information and exercise sound judgment within scope of authority.
- Knowledge of customer service strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of the Sunshine Law and Robert's Rules of Order.
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster teamwork amongst cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with a variety of constituents.
- The employee is required to stand; walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee might be required to lift and or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision.
- Ability to identify and solve problems and positively deal with a variety of variables.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with ability to travel and attend board meetings, including those held off-site and to commute to the Coalition offices.
- Ability to work flexible/hours schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays, early mornings, or evening hours.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associates degree in business administration or a related field from an accredited college or university, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Five to seven years of experience in an Executive Assistant role to the CEO, or an equivalent combination of education or experience directly related to the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills with the ability to set priorities and effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual – knowledge and ability to communicate in the Spanish language both verbally and in writing preferred.