Manager, eCommerce Experience Enhancements
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, eCommerce Experience Enhancements oversees the team responsible for merchandising, user experience and supporting park content for both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood digital properties. This is primarily focused on the main website and mobile app strategies, but other sites may also be included. This role is responsible for ensuring that all our varied guests’ needs are met across specific stages of their trip planning experience. Utilizing analytics to make data and insight driven decisions are critical as well as strong merchandising, web and mobile user experience knowledge.
- Manage merchandising and user experience strategy for our digital properties based on strategic priorities and data driven insights.
- Lead in the ideation, development, and collaboration cross-functionally to help create product positioning and messaging that resonates with our customers, and then help turn that messaging into go-to-market plans for given lifecycle stages for web and mobile app guests. Work with cross functional teams to ensure timing and launch plans are adhered to.
- Integrate mid-funnel content into the digital experience to support guest needs as they are learning and understanding what our destinations have to offer and how they may fit their getaway plans for a day or more.
- Grow personalization efforts on web and mobile app to enhance the user experience.
- Define and communicate business requirements for the development of functionality that effectively enables marketing strategies.
- Review and QA the site/app creative to ensure it is meeting project objectives and components are functioning correctly.
- Oversee the investigation and resolution of any website functionality issues by working with internal and external technology partners.
- Ensure that insights are shared across teams and partners
- Be the resident experts on the capabilities and functionality on UO.com, USH.com and their respective app and develop a team knowledgeable team of SMEs. Utilize that functionality to its full capability to drive optimal results and support global brand and individual destination strategies.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring competitive websites and trends in ecommerce, particular attention to specialty area/vertical and website design/functionality. Bring the organization’s attention to new ideas / technologies as they emerge, evaluate and implement as appropriate.
- Team leadership and talent development. Inspire, lead and grow team members by living into the Universal M&S Culture, helping them to solve/eliminate barriers and empowering them to learn and stretch.
- Build relationships with partners and act as marketing team representative to various internal “clients” who rely on UOR & USH digital properties to advance their business needs and goals. Ensure that their needs are accounted for and addressed in a way the supports the guests in an easy and intuitive fashion.
- Monitor digital properties and tools for errors and guest friction points.
- Assist in prioritization efforts with our Direct to Market and Product Development/IT Enhancements teams. Take Program Team and channel specific initiatives and organize in a manner based on criticality, potential and time-based needs. Ensure that we deliver updates and enhancements on regular and nimble basis
- Ensure team is set up to support destination goals and strategies and adjusting as the need arises. Balancing responsibilities and workloads as appropriate.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5+ years eCommerce marketing experience with:
- 5+ years of experience in eCommerce and/or Product Management preferably with consumer-facing, ecommerce site(s), name brand travel or retail with emphasis on strategy, digital marketing and user experience.
- Experience in merchandising products and content.
- Experience leading and developing a team.
- Ability to be forward thinking, strategic and bring conceptual ideas to life.
- Creative thinking, particularly when it comes to alternative ways of accomplishing goals and objectives in an agile and iterative manner.
- Mix of experience in Marketing, Technology and/or Product Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in presenting to senior management.
- Equally effective and influential communicator within a cross functional and diverse group.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Diligent, flexible, resourceful, worker with a strong work ethic and collaboration skills.
- Strong communicator capable of delivering concise messages to various audiences.
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn.
- Interactive product development experience that has materially contributed to growing online revenue within the context of a consumer-oriented ecommerce business.
- Project management or business analysis experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Quantum Metric or Content Management System is a plus.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE