Assistant Director, Alumni Relations/ Annual Giving
Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring an Assistant Director, Alumni Relations/ Annual Giving to join our team.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the creation and deployment of strategies to engage alumni and donors to maintain meaningful, lasting connections with the Valencia College brand. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Communications, journalism, public relations and marketing or non-profit experience and event management.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. It is our commitment to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for faculty members who are deeply committed to valuing equity, viewing cultural and linguistic diversity as assets, and promoting inclusiveness.
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field [required].
- Experience in annual giving, alumni relations, association management, communications, and other related areas.
- Experience with annual giving, funding raising and other philanthropic activities.
- Experience in data analysis and using donor databases.
- Experience with multiphase proofing and review processes.
- Experience in developing communications for diverse audiences.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Endowed Chairs and Sabbatical leave
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…Click here
Closing Day: July 11th, 2022.
Salary: $47,722 - $57,863
Location: Orlando, FL 32835 - District Office
Work Modality: Hybrid
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.