Events Manager at Osceola Heritage Park / ASM Global
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent opportunity for an Event Manager at Osceola Heritage Park, Kissimmee, FL. The Event Manager will coordinate and manage events at Osceola Heritage Park.
ASM Global Careers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with client groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
- Coordinates activities with the various service contractors and vendors for assigned meetings and/or events.
- Coordinates/Assists in all outside services and equipment required for events
- Works in conjunction with Food & Beverage in meeting and determining client needs
- Keeps clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Reviews floor plans and determines requirements
- Develops and designs floor layouts on Meeting Matrix as needed
- Writes event work orders, contractual obligations related to insurance, deposits, etc.
- Maintain accurate records or pre-event planning, client request, billable charges, service orders, contractual requirements, etc.
- Prepares cost estimates and monitors final billing
- Assures quality service & timely invoicing
- Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Explains and guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Supervises staff and oversees all aspects of facility operations related to events.
- Assists in the supervision of the part time event service staff as needed
- Serves as Event Manager for OHP events
- Serves as primary liaison between clients and facility departments.
- Develops and maintains post event information data base files
- To include Post Assessment and Client Evaluation Forms
- Plans, coordinates, and executes events according to needs of the client
- Issues proper paperwork and communicates all event needs and information to all departments in a timely manner via EWO's and Event Change Sheets
- Interpret and explains contract provisions to clients
- Other activities as the event requires
- Monitors and assists with facility setup, changeover, and maintenance in conjunction with Facility Operations Manager as needed
- Maintains total responsibility and authority over clients, staff, personnel, patrons, security, and safety with this role
- Attends weekly or other meetings as needed to meet role and responsibility
- Maintain harmonious relationship with all departments and staff
- Ability to work extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in business or hospitality
- At least one year of actual experience in public facility management, promotion, or operation of conventions or trade shows or service-related operations whose primary function is to provide direct on-site service to the public.
- Working knowledge of Meeting Matrix.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to effectively supervise and coordinate staff
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, analyze data and figures
- Advance writing skills required
- Ability to analyze data and figures
- Advanced writing skills is required
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic
- Excellent public relations skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws; Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with spreadsheets and computerized ticket systems preferred.
Ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The person must be able to climb stairs and walk long distances to access all seating. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, may require some duties at specific heights. Specific vision abilities required including being near and far sighted with or without a prescription.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 321-697-3333.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.